Louisiana (2-3) at Marshall (3-2)
Game Time: 6:30 p.m.
Mic'd Up: Marshall Preview with WSAZ Sports Director Keith Morehouse
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – Coming off an 11-day layoff, the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Football team returns to action when it faces Sun Belt Conference newcomer Marshall in a Wednesday nationally-televised contest at Joan C. Edwards Stadium.
Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CT and will be televised nationally on ESPN2 with Mike Morgan (pbp) and Aaron Murray (color) providing commentary.
Fans will able to listen to the game worldwide on the Varsity Network, Hot 107.9 FM and ESPN 1420 AM with Jay Walker (pbp), Gerald Broussard (color) and Cody Junot (sideline) on the call. Live statistics will be available at CajunStats.com.
Louisiana (2-3, 0-2 SBC) returns to action after last facing South Alabama on Oct. 1 for Homecoming at Cajun Field. The meeting with Marshall (3-2, 0-1 SBC) is the first between the schools since Louisiana’s 36-21 victory 10 months ago in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl and the first between the schools as SBC members.
Season tickets for the 2022 campaign are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting Account Manager. For more information call the Louisiana Athletics Box Office at the CAJUNDOME at (337) 265-2104.
Fans are encouraged to stay engaged with the Ragin' Cajuns by downloading the #GeauxCajuns app. Click here for iOS/Apple platforms and here for Android platforms.
Follow the Ragin' Cajuns on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@RaginCajunsFB) to stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Louisiana Athletics.
LOUISIANA HEADS TO MARSHALL FOR FIRST TIME IN PROGRAM HISTORY
• The Ragin’ Cajuns head to Huntington, West Virginia, for the first time in school annals as it squares off against Marshall on Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN2.
• The meeting is the second all-time between the schools with Louisiana winning the first meeting.
• Louisiana topped the Thundering Herd, 36-21, last season in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl on Dec. 18. The win was the first for Mike Desormeaux, who was named the school’s head coach on Dec. 5.
A LOOK AT THE RAGIN’ CAJUNS
• Louisiana Football enters the 2022 season as the reigning Sun Belt Conference Champions and four-time defending champions of the Sun Belt West Division.
• The 2021 title was the program’s first outright Sun Belt Conference title in program history and the team’s first outright title overall in 53 years.
• Coach Michael Desormeaux, a former UL quarterback from 2005-08, owns a 3-3 career record after replacing Billy Napier (now at Florida) and leading the Ragin’ Cajuns to a 36-21 win over Marshall on Dec. 18, 2021, in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl.
• Louisiana enters the weekend third among FBS schools with 10 interceptions on the season. Ten different Ragin’ Cajuns have recorded a pick this season, the most of any team in the country.
• Louisiana is tied for fifth second among FBS schools in turnover margin (+8), tied for sixth in turnovers forced (14) and fifth in punt returns (20.0).
• Eric Garror is one of two players in FBS to return two punt returns for touchdowns this season. The senior has three returns for touchdown in his career, which is tied for the school record. The Mobile, Ala., native ranks tops the nation in punt return average at 20.0.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers