AROUND #SUNBELTSB (Press Release)
• Sun Belt softball sends multiple teams to the postseason for the eighth straight year with Louisiana in the NCAA Division I Softball Championship and Appalachian State and UTA in the Postseason National Invitation Softball Championship.
• The Sun Belt has one team in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2011 and boasts multiple teams in the Postseason NISC for the second time in three seasons.
• Louisiana (50-4, 25-0 Sun Belt) has made the NCAA Tournament field every year since the Sun Belt started sponsoring softball as a varsity sport beginning with the 2000 season. The Ragin’ Cajuns are making their 21st consecutive and 29th overall NCAA Tournament appearance this season.
• As a conference, the Sun Belt holds a 66-57 (.537) record in 29 NCAA Tournament appearances. The Ragin’ Cajuns are the only Sun Belt team to advance to the Super Regionals (2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016) and Women’s College World Series (2003, 2008, and 2014).
• The 2019 Louisiana squad is the first Sun Belt team in conference history to finish league play 25-0 and just the second team in program and Sun Belt history to finish conference play undefeated, joining the 2004 Louisiana squad that went 18-0. The Ragin’ Cajuns’ 25-0 start in Sun Belt play eclipsed the previous record of 18-0 achieved twice by Louisiana in 2001 and 2004.