Acadia Parish School Board Superintendent Scott Richard released a statement on Friday regarding the closure of Iota schools.
In the statement, Richard says APSB is continuing to work with law enforcement agencies during "this active investigation."
Richard says authorities will provide updates about resuming normal school operations in Iota as soon as possible.
He added that "We appreciate everyone's patience as we continue to prioritize the safety of our schools."
This update comes during an investigation into recent threats made on social media against schools in Iota. Iota Elementary, Iota Middle, and Iota High Schools were all closed on Thursday and Friday of this week because of the investigation.
A bomb threat was made against Iota High School on Wednesday, prompting law enforcement to conduct a search of the building. The "all clear" was given, but more threats circulated on social media on Thursday, prompting school board officials to close the schools.
Residents are concerned about the threats being made to area schools. One student told KATC that she has several friends who were threatened and many students are fearful.
Iota Police released a statement on Thursday regarding the threats, saying that "the officers in this town do not take offenses against our children lightly, and will ensure that this taste will not linger in our mouths for long."
A bomb threat was also called in at Eunice High School on Wednesday. Police gave the "all clear" after a sweep of the building was conducted.
Richard previously said that the schools were expected to resume normal operations on Monday, January 27.
All other schools in the parish remain open.