The home that caught fire while being transported through Scott is now being demolished.
Crews were working this morning to remove the house from the bed of the truck.
During transport on Monday, August 12, the house struck a power line causing the home to catch fire in the 700 block of Old Spanish Trail. The Scott Fire Department responded to the scene to put out the fire. The roadway was closed for several hours Monday evening but has now been opened.
To read more on the story: Truck carrying house strikes power line, sparks fire
While battling the fire, Scott firefighters also faced the obstacle of extreme Summer heat. KATC's Chris Welty, who reported on the fire, spoke with Fire Chief Chad Sonnier on how his crews were staying hydrated while fighting the blaze.
Read more here: Extreme heat is an added challenge for firefighters