The Secretary of State's Office is reminding Louisiana residents that Saturday, December 5 is Election Day.
In preparation for Saturday’s election, Secretary Kyle Ardoin is encouraging voters to remember:
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
- Voters may also utilize the virtual voter assistant, GeauxBot, to access pertinent election information. GeauxBot is accessible by visiting voterportal.sos.la.gov or by selecting Elections and Voting on sos.la.gov.
- Voters can sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport or a digital license via LA Wallet). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit but will be allowed to vote.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or at www.sos.la.gov.
Find out what's on the ballot around Acadiana HERE.
Due to Hurricanes Laura and Delta, some polling locations have been relocated. Those locations can be found here. The Secretary of State's Office is encouraging voters to use voterportal.sos.la.gov, GeauxVote mobile or the elections hotline at 800-883-2805 to find their polling location.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, state polling commissioners will be supplied with personal protective equipment and will regularly sanitize designated areas and voting machines between each voter.
The Secretary of State's Office says that hand sanitizer will be provided to voters and masks are recommended, although not required.
For more information, contact the state's Elections Division at 800-883-2805 or email@example.com.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers