LAFAYETTE – The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Men’s Basketball team wraps up a three-game roadtrip on Saturday when it travels north to face in-state opponent ULM in a Sun Belt Conference battle at Fant-Ewing Coliseum.
Tipoff is scheduled for 2:30 p.m., and will follow the Louisiana-ULM women’s game that begins at noon. The game can be heard in the Lafayette area on KHXT 107.9 FM, RaginCajuns.com and the Hot 107.9 mobile app with Jay Walker on the call. The game will also be available on ESPN+ with Lyn Rollins (Play-By-Play) and Mike Vining (Color) providing commentary.
Live stats will be available at CajunStats.com.
Louisiana (11-16, 6-10 Sun Belt) claimed an 81-77 victory in its last contest last Saturday at Troy as Jalen Johnson reached the 20-point mark for the eighth time this season. The junior scored a team-high 20 points to lead four players in double figures and help Louisiana sweep the season series.
The Ragin’ Cajuns claimed an 81-60 win over ULM (8-18, 4-13 Sun Belt) last month behind a career-high 27 points from Johnson. The win for Louisiana was its seventh in the last eight games against the Warhawks.
Freshman Mylik Wilson, a native of nearby Rayville, La., is one of 10 Division I players – and the lone freshman – averaging 11 points, five rebounds, two assists and two steals per game.
ULM claimed its second win in the past three games on Wednesday with a 66-52 victory at Arkansas State. Tyree White and Michael Ertel combined for 35 points as the Warhawks earned their first win in Jonesboro since 1985, snapping a 17-game losing streak in the process.
Follow the Ragin’ Cajuns on Twitter (@RaginCajunsMBB), Facebook (RaginCajunsMBB) or Instagram (@RaginCajunsMBB) to stay up-to-date on all that is happening with Louisiana Men’s Basketball.
LOUISIANA (11-16, 6-10 Sun Belt) at ULM (8-18, 4-13 Sun Belt)
Date / Time: February 22, 2020 / 2:30 p.m.
Site: Monroe, La.
Arena: Fant-Ewing Coliseum (7,000)
Radio: KHXT FM 107.9
Talent: Jay Walker (PxP)
Talent: Lyn Rollins (PxP), Mike Vining (Color)
LIVE STATS/SOCIAL MEDIA
Live Stats: CajunStats.com
Twitter Updates: @RaginCajunsMBB | #GeauxCajuns
Overall: Louisiana leads, 56-24
In Lafayette: Louisiana leads, 35-4
In Monroe: Louisiana leads, 20-18
Neutral: ULM leads, 2-1
Streak: Louisiana +2
Head Coach: Bob Marlin (Mississippi State, 1981)
Record at Louisiana: 185-140 (10th season), Career Record: 533-306 (27th season)
Head Coach: Keith Richard (ULM, 1982)
Record at ULM: 120-192 (10th season), Career Record: 270-309 (19th season)
• The meeting against in-state opponent ULM will be the 81st between the schools dating back to 1953.
• Louisiana has won seven of the last eight meetings in the series, including two of the last three at Fant-Ewing Coliseum.
• Freshman Mylik Wilson hails from nearby Rayville and led the Hornets to a combined 70-6 record and back-to-back Louisiana Class 2A state titles.
• Louisiana head coach Bob Marlin’s first collegiate coaching job was at ULM (then Northeast Louisiana) where he was an assistant under the legendary Mike Vining and coached current ULM head coach Keith Richard.
• During Bob Marlin’s tenure at Louisiana, the Ragin’ Cajuns are 44-24 overall in the month of February.
• Louisiana is 10-3 overall when scoring 70 points or more this season.
• With 107 career wins in Sun Belt Conference play, head coach Bob Marlin is fourth in league history and is four wins shy of tying former UAB coach Gene Bartow for third place.
• On the season, injuries have cost players on the 2019-20 roster a combined total of 82 games.
• Mylik Wilson is the only freshman at the Division I level averaging 11 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals per game.
• Wilson leads all Sun Belt Conference freshmen in scoring (11.3), rebounds (5.6) and steals (2.4).
• Wilson is 11th nationally in steals per game (2.4) and 27th in total steals (54).
• Louisiana has earned wins this season over McNeese (11/9), Southeastern Louisiana (12/3), Troy (1/4), Appalachian State (1/6) and Georgia State (2/6) after trailing by double-digits.
• Cedric Russell’s seven 3-pointers against South Alabama on Feb. 13 were the most by a Ragin’ Cajun since Malik Marquetti went 7-for-11 from long range at McNeese State on Dec. 18, 2019.
• Louisiana is ranked 43rd among Division I schools in free throws made (419) and 56th nationally in free throw attempts (569).
• Louisiana 19-for-20 performance from the free throw line against Georgia State on Feb. 6 was its second-highest percentage (.950) of the season. The Ragin’ Cajuns were 13-for-13 against Texas State on Jan. 18.
• Louisiana is 9-4 overall on the season when shooting above 41 percent from the floor.
• Senior P.J. Hardy (152 3-pointers) needs one 3-pointer to move into sole possession of 10th place on the Ragin’ Cajuns all-time career list.
• Louisiana’s injury-riddled roster has used 11 different starting lineups during the 2019-20 season.