ST MARTIN PARISH — A school zone traffic stop in St. Martinville has resulted in an arrest and seizure of more than $100,000 in drugs.
Police say that Thursday, Bennett Bienvenu was pulled over for driving over the speed limit in a school zone at around 7:15 a.m. The vehicle, according to police, was traveling at 45 mph in a 25 mph school zone.
Following the traffic stop, St. Martinville Police say they located narcotics inside the vehicle. Bienvenu was arrested and the following was taken from the vehicle.
Below is the amount and street values that St. Martinville Police have designated for the drugs seized.
Three (3) counts possession with intent to distribute SCHEDULE 1
· 54 grams of marijuana ($1,000 street value)
· 18 tabs of LSD ($900 street value)
· 24 pills of ecstasy ($456 street value)
Three (3) counts possession with intent to distribute SCHEDULE 2
· 89 grams of methamphetamine ($106,800 street value)
- St. Martinville Police say that the number here was figured at around $1,000 per gram.
· 13 pills of Vyvanse ($91 street value)
· 9 pills of Adderall (street value undetermined)
Two (2) counts possession with intent to distribute SCHEDULE 4
· 5 pills of Xanax ($30 street value)
· 2 pills of Phenobarbital ($150 street value.
St Martinville Police say that the total street value of all the narcotics is $109,427. Bienvenu was also booked on these charges.
One (1) count - Violation of uniform controlled dangerous substances law
One (1) count - Transactions involving proceeds from drug offenses
One (1) count - Speeding 42 mph in posted 25 mph zone
St. Martinville Police issued a correction on Thursday afternoon on the name of the person arrested. The original name provided in this arrest was Benjamin Bienvenu, police corrected that name to Bennett Bienvenu. The drug totals in this arrest were not addressed in the update from police.