News

Actions

Jury selection underway in new trial

Web_Promo_Image_960x720.png
Posted at 1:51 PM, Jul 09, 2019
and last updated 2019-07-09 15:31:09-04

Jury selection is underway in Abbeville for the second murder trial of Ryan Duhon.

Last month, a judge decleared a mistrial in Duhon's first trial. As soon as the jury is empaneled, his second trial will begin.

Duhon, 47, is accused of second-degree murder in the December 2014 death of his girlfriend, Christy Bourque. Duhon told police Bourque committed suicide, but an investigating, including an autopsy, determined that her injuries weren't self-inflicted, deputies said at the time.

The Abbeville Meridonal reports that the judge called a mistrial after only a few witnesses in the first trial

Duhon has been in jail since his 2014 arrest.