The Lafayette Police Department has released reminders for those heading out to the parades in the City of Lafayette.
As Mardi Gras season continues, Lafayette Police highlighted a few prohibited acts and safety tips.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE PROHIBITED ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE:
• No products that are manufactured for the purpose of being thrown against a hard surface or stepped on to make a popping noise such as: Snaps, Pops, cracker balls.
• No open flames heating or cooking devices on public right-of-ways
• No silly string
• No animals
• No skates, rollerblading, skateboarding or bicycling
• No whips
• No clothing or items depicting nudity and/or profanity
• Stay behind all barricades during the parade
• Do not move, tamper, stand or sit on barricades
• Entering the barricaded areas during the parades is not allowed and strictly enforced
• All normal parking regulations apply during Mardi Gras parades
• Observe all special event parking signs along the parade route
• DO NOT throw anything at floats or float riders
• DO NOT climb trees
• Obey all laws pertaining to indecent exposure
• Do not leave children unattended
• Decide in advance on a meeting place in case anyone gets lost within your group
• Notify police of a missing child immediately
• Acadian Ambulance Service will have ambulance units stationed along the parade route. Citizens needing medical assistance should notify one of the police officers along the parade route or report to the nearest police command post.
Lafayette Police also remind revelers to drink responsibly, designate a driver if you intend to drink.