No one was injured and a home sustained minimal damage in a Saturday afternoon residential fire in Scott.
The Scott Fire Department was called to the 200 block of Paul Boudreaux Road on Saturday around 3:15 p.m. When they arrived, firefighters saw smoke coming from the attic area of the home, said Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier. They entered the structure and discovered a fire in the fireplace had spread to the attic area of the structure.
Firefighers then accessed the roof and extinguished the fire, which was located in the chimney area.
Both occupants were able to safely escape and no one was injured.