NewsLocal NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Gas line sparks fire at restaurant

Fire Investigation
Posted at 4:38 AM, Feb 07, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-07 05:38:13-05

SCOTT — A cooler motor sparked a leaking propane line, sparking a fire at Fezzo's Restaurant overnight.

Scott firefighters responded to the scene around 1:30 a.m. Friday.

According to fire Chief Chad Sonnier, a contractor was cleaning the kitchen's hood system when the propane line, which supplies one of the grills, was accidentally turned on. Sonnier says the fire caused minor damage to the equipment and to the building itself. No body was injured.

Sonnier says restaurant officials have begin cleanup efforts. He adds that they're hopeful to reopen the business for normal hours today.