LAFAYETTE — Games of Acadiana is set to kickoff this weekend in Lafayette.
The games are the signature fundraiser for Miles Perret Cancer Services. This year's theme is Play with a Purpose.
Businesses and individuals from across Acadiana will come together to host a day of fun and games in support of families coping with cancer. The Perret family hosted the first Games of Acadiana in 2001 after their son, Miles, passed away of cancer in 1996.
At the free event, there will be over 50 games and activities for those in attendance.
This year's schedule of events is as followed:
- 9:00 AM - Convention Center Doors Open
- 9:00 AM - Survivor "Check-In” Begins (Convention Center Lobby)
- 10:00 AM - Opening Ceremonies (Convention Center)
- 1:00 PM - Survivor Registration Area closes
- 4:00 PM - Games of Acadiana ends
When you post your pictures from the event, please tag them with the following hashtags, and you could see yourself on KATC! #GamesOfAcadiana #PlayWithAPurpose