After reaching well over $4 a gallon in May, fuel prices in Lafayette have dipped below $3 a gallon.
Several locations in Lafayette had prices below $3 with the lowest price reported at $2.86, according to GasBuddy. The RaceTrac locations on the Evangeline Thruway and 1600 Ambassador Caffery Parkway both had regular unleaded gasoline on sale for $2.99 on Wednesday.
AAA reported which factors have combined to drive gas prices lower; lower oil prices, modest domestic gasoline demand and a quiet hurricane season among them.
In a recent article from The Acadiana Advocate, Louisiana was one of the least expensive markets for gasoline at $3.30 average per gallon last week.
Here are the 5 cheapest places to find gas around Lafayette on Wednesday afternoon:
- $2.86: Freedom Fuel, 7103 Eraste Landry Road
- $2.91: Circle K, 4400 Johnston St.
- $2.92: Circle K, 3801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway
- $2.94: Costco, 201 Meadow Farm Road
- $2.94: Sam’s Club, 3222 Ambassador Caffery Parkway