After ending early on Tuesday due to inclement weather, COVID-19 testing will resume Wednesday, July 29 at Cajun Field.
Testing began at 8:00 am and will continue until 4:00 pm.
According to UL Lafayette, those with reservations for Tuesday are invited to return for testing Wednesday.
Last week, UL Lafayette announced that testing would be extended at Cajun Field until Sunday, August 2.
The free, drive-thru testing site, operated in partnership between the university and the Louisiana Department of Health, has been ongoing since July 10.
On Friday, July 31, a food distribution effort will be held at the site and testing will resume on Saturday, August 1.
To find more testing sites in Acadiana, click here.
What you need to know before going to get tested
- No ID is needed for testing, but registration is required.
- Pre-registration can be completed at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then Cajun Field (Mobile #3).
- People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
- Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident who is at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
- People must provide a phone number and email address to be tested.
People who visit the site should wear masks. Those being tested will perform nasal swabs on themselves as they wait in their vehicles. The process will be observed to ensure it is done correctly. Sealed samples will be dropped in a container.
- Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
- It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
- People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number for people to call to get their results.
Motorists should enter the Cajun Field parking lot via West Congress Street through Gate 3. Only right turns into the lot by motorists approaching from the west will be allowed for traffic safety considerations. Once testing is complete, they will exit on Reinhardt Drive onto Bertrand Drive through Gate 1.
For more information about COVID-19 testing, contact the LDH Region 4 Office of Public Health at (337) 262-5311.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers