The Louisiana Department of Health and Louisiana National Guard will continue to offer drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in Acadiana this week.
The sites are available through partnership with parish governments in Region 4.
Monday July 27th through Tuesday July 28th 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Vidrine Elementary. 5094 Vidrine Road, Ville Platte LA 70586
Monday July 27th through Wednesday July 29th 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Lydia Park. 4412 Weeks Park Road, New Iberia LA 70560
Wednesday July 22th through Thursday July 30th 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday August 1st and Sunday August 2nd 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ULL Cajun Field. 2351 W Congress Street, Lafayette LA 70506 (enter from Gate 3 on Congress Street)
St Landry Parish:
Wednesday July 29th and Friday July 31st 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Eunice High School. 301 S. Bobcat Drive, Eunice LA 70535
Thursday July 30th, Saturday August 1st and Sunday August 2nd 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Opelousas Civic Center. 1638 Creswell Lane, Opelousas LA 70507
Thursday July 30th through Sunday August 2nd 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Abbeville LSU Ag Center. 1105 West Port Street, Abbeville LA 70510
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and should be completed at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then choose site, date, and time that you plan to attend.
- People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
- Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
- Testing is open to everyone. No ID is needed for testing.
- People must provide a phone number and email address.
- The testing site will be conducted as a drive-thru test site. Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars. There will be separate lines for those who have pre-registered and for those who must register on-site.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose on site while in their vehicles. This will be observed by trained personnel to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- This mobile testing site is a being stood up with the Federal Government in coordination with LDH and local partners.
- This mobile tests site is part of the federal government’s effort to support communities that have been identified as COVID-19 hotspots, or communities where there has been a recent and intense level of new cases and hospitalizations related to the ongoing outbreak.
How will results be obtained?
- Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
- It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
- People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number for people to call to get their results.
For more information, contact the LDH Region 4 Office of Public Health at (337) 262-5311.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers