NewsLocal NewsIn Your ParishLafayette Parish


Car catches fire outside of local business in Lafayette

Posted at 4:48 PM, Jan 26, 2021

A vehicle fire has been extinguished at a local business on Salsman Street in Lafayette.

The Lafayette Fire Department says they responded to a commercial fire at Slick’s Garage on Salsman Street on Tuesday afternoon. When first responders arrived on scene, a vehicle was on fire next to the building.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguished the fire before it spread to the building. The car was totaled and the metal exterior of the building recieved heat damage, LFD says.

There were no injuries.

Spokesperson for the Fire Department, Alton Trahan says that the owner of the business was loading the vehicle onto a tow truck when it began to spark. Fuel from the vehicle ignited, engulfing the vehicle.

The fire was ruled an accident.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel