JENNINGS, La. - A sixth person has been arrested in connection with a fatal shooting that happened on November 29, 2019, at a private party. Three others are still wanted.
Dymond Kvon Brown, 18, of Welsh, was arrested on Friday and booked into the Jefferson Davis Parish Jail on a charge of second degree murder, according to Jennings Police Chief Danny Semmes.
The shooting left one person dead at the Ward Event Center on South Main Street. The victim, identified as 22-year-old Dakota Chaisson, was found with multiple gunshot wounds.
Police say that Chaisson was shot inside the building and then taken outside where first aid was administered. Chiasson was unable to be resuscitated.
- Traevion Djon Kelly (20) - Second-degree murder
- David Santelle Kelly (20) - Second-degree murder
- Tramaine Dvon Kelly (18) - Principle to second-degree murder
- Jayden Grant Theunissen (19) - Second-degree murder
- A fifth suspect, Damien Guidry, was also arrested and booked with Principle to second-degree murder.
Three people are still wanted in connection with the shooting:
- Keghan Moore of Lake Charles - Second-degree murder
- Daren Zeno of Welsh - Accessory after the fact second-degree murder
- Casey Carter of Jennings - Carrying of a firearm
Police say that during the investigation, a lack of cooperation from the public made the case difficult to solve. 150 people were at the private party at the Wade Event Center when shots were fired.
Through a review of surveillance video from the area and witness statements, police say they were able to determine the suspects involved.