NewsLocal NewsIn Your ParishLafayette Parish


No injuries in Youngsville house fire

laf fire.PNG
Posted at 1:29 AM, Mar 17, 2021
and last updated 2021-03-17 14:45:30-04

No one was injured this morning when a clothes dryer malfunctioned and caught fire.

Youngsville Firefighters, assisted by Broussard Firefighters and Milton Firefighters, brought the fire at a home on Psalm Court under control.

Youngsville Fire Chief Blair Rivette said everyone was able to get out of the home safely.

The laundry room was destroyed, and part of the garage, where it was located, also was damaged. Damage to the home itself was mostly limited to heat and smoke damage, he said.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel