The deadline for renters and homeowners to register for help in parishes designated for FEMA assistance after Hurricane Delta is December 16.
FEMA says that Federal assistance includes help for temporary housing, rental assistance and repair or replacement of damaged property.
Grants may be available to help with other expenses such as medical and dental care, childcare, funeral and burial costs, replacing essential household items, moving and storage, vehicle repairs and cleanup.
To see if you live in a designated parish, click here.
For more information or to register for assistance:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585).
- Visit disasterassistance.gov/.
- To find a drive-thru Disaster Recovery Center (DRC), text 43362 and type DRC and your ZIP code (for example DRC 12345).
- To receive a link to download the FEMA app:
- Apple devices: text APPLE to 43362
- Android devices: text ANDROID to 43362
- Visit fema.gov/about/news-multimedia/app
- Call 211 or text 527435837 to 898-211. For Louisiana evacuees that are now out-of-state, please call 337-310-4636. To get support, this number also is valid for TTY out-of-state users.
- Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.