The Louisiana Secretary of State's Office is reminding residents that Saturday, August 15 is Election Day in the state.
38 parishes have parishwide and/or limited jurisdiction proposition elections, including: Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bossier, Calcasieu, Catahoula, Claiborne, Franklin, Grant, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson Davis, Lafourche, LaSalle, Lincoln, Livingston, Madison, Morehouse, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Red River, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Union, Vermilion, Washington, Webster, and West Baton Rouge.
Six parishes have a run-off and parishwide/local proposition elections, including: Concordia, East Baton Rouge, Jefferson, Natchitoches, Ouachita, and St. Tammany.
Three parishes have run-off elections only, including: East Feliciana, Evangeline, and Orleans.
To see what's on your ballot: What's on the Ballot: Saturday, August 15, 2020 election
In preparation for Saturday’s Election, voters are encouraged to remember the following:
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
- Voters can sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport or a digital license via LA Wallet). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit but will be allowed to vote.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or at www.sos.la.gov.
Due to COVID-19, some polling places located at nursing homes, senior centers, or other senior-related locations have been moved in accordance with the Secretary of State’s Emergency Election Plan.
The Secretary of State's office says that parish registrars of voters have notified affected voters by mail with their polling relocations. Parishes with polling location changes include Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Catahoula, Jefferson, Madison, Natchitoches, Orleans, Ouachita, St. James, St. Mary, St. Tammany and Washington.
The list of polling location changes can be viewed on the Secretary of State website here.
Polling commissioners will be supplied with personal protective equipment and will regularly sanitize designated areas and wipe down voting machines. Hand sanitizer will be provided to voters and masks are recommended, although not required, according to the secretary of state's office.
For more information, contact the Secretary of State's Elections Division at 800-883-2805 or email@example.com.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers