A Lafayette non-profit will be hosting voter registration drives in September and October.
Women of Wisdom, Inc, founded in 2018, says it's goal is to make a positive difference in the lives of women. To do that, they will be hosting two "Women Pushing the Vote" voter registration drives in Lafayette.
The drives will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on September 26 and October 3.
They will be at the following locations:
- The Juliet Hotel (800 Jefferson St.) - September 26
- Office of Attorney Valerie Garrett (701 North Pierce B) - October 3
Below is information from the Secretary of State's website on voter registration.
To register to vote you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old to vote;
- not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony or, if under such an order not have been incarcerated pursuant to the order within the last five years and not be under an order of imprisonment related to a felony conviction for election fraud or any other election offense pursuant to La. R.S. 18:1461.2;
- not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights;
- reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register; and
- must be registered at least 20 days prior to an election if registering through our GeauxVote Online Registration System with a Louisiana driver's license or Louisiana special ID card or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail to be eligible to vote in that particular election. If mailing in an application, the application or envelope must be postmarked 30 days prior to the first election in which you seek to vote.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers