According to reports , Saints quarterback Drew Brees may miss the next six weeks of game play thanks to a torn ligament in the thumb of his injured throwing hand.
The injury came during the Sunday, September 15 game against the Los Angeles Rams.
The report says that Brees is expected to have surgery.
The Saints schedule for the next several weeks includes the following match ups:
- Seattle Seahawks - 9/22 @ Seattle
- Dallas Cowboys - 9/29 @ New Orleans
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -10/6 @ New Orleans
- Jacksonville Jaguars -10/13 @ Jacksonville
- Chicago Bears - 10/20 @ Chicago
- Arizona Cardinals - 10/27 @ New Orleans
Brees injured his thumb during Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Rams when it collided with Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald's hand on an incomplete pass to Jared Cook.
To read more on the story,