As of 6 p.m. on Tuesday, power has been restored to over 97,000 of the 140,000 impacted Cleco customers impacted by Hurricane Laura. Below are restoration times on impacted parishes. Cleco will report updates on areas as they become available. For the most up-to-date information, follow the company on Facebook @ClecoPower and visit Cleco's website at cleco.com.
Grant and Rapides parishes
· The crews in Rapides and Grant parishes have made progress restoring customers' power. To-date, power has been restored to nearly 26,000 customers in these two parishes.
· Forest Hill: Crews are working and expect to complete restoration by the end of the week.
· Glenmora: Power will be restored to some customers tomorrow afternoon. It is expected that power will be restored to remaining customers by the end of the week.
DeSoto, Natchitoches, Red River and Sabine parishes
· Campti: Power restored to all customers who can receive it.
· Clarence: Power restored to the Port of Natchitoches.
· Stanley Community on Toledo Bend: Power should be restored today to all customers who can receive it.
· Pelican community: Power should be restored today to all customers who can receive it.
· Natchitoches Parish: Power restored to all customers who can receive it.
· Converse/Lake Area: Last night, power was restored to majority of customers who can receive power. Crews expect power to be restored to remaining customers today.
Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu and Vernon parishes
· Rosepine, Leesville, DeRidder and Dequincy: These areas are heavily damaged. Crews are working and additional resources are being allocated. While crews will be working from daylight until dark, this could be a multiweek restoration project.
· Oakdale: Power to critical infrastructure has been restored. Crews working on residential customers.
· Town of Elizabeth: Tree trimmers currently working to remove debris. Crews estimate restoration will take four to five days.
· Kinder: Power restored to the casino last night, as well as to customers inside the city limits. Crews also working to restore power to the rural areas outside the city.
Below are customer outages by parish as of 6 p.m.
Affected Parishes Number of Customers Without Power % of Customers Without Power*
Acadia: Less than 5, 0%
Allen: 2,074, 66%
Avoyelles: 151, 99%
Beauregard: 5,086, 3%
Calcasieu: 2,461, 3%
Catahoula: 18, 61%
Desoto: 115, 98%
Evangeline: 379, 98%
Grant: 6,204, 23%
Iberia: 9, 100%
Jefferson Davis: 25, 38%
Lasalle: 15, 0%
Natchitoches: 170, 76%
Rapides: 18,514, 56%
Red River: Less than 5, 0%
Sabine: 2,518, 62%
St. Landry: 42, 100%
Vernon: 4,974, 16%
*Percentages are based on total customers affected by Hurricane Laura; not Cleco's total customer base.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers