The Louisiana Department of Health has updated its information on outbreaks and associated cases in non-congregate settings.
Of the number of outbreaks at sites across the state, food processing sites, bars, and industrial settings had recorded the highest number of cases.
See those numbers, here.
46 outbreaks were traced to restaurants with 201 cases reported.
And while only eight outbreaks were traced to casinos, LDH says that 220 cases have been reported in connection with those outbreaks.
The Department of Health defines outbreaks as two or more cases among unrelated individuals that have visited a site within a 14-day time period.
823 coronavirus cases have been reported at the 1,213 schools enrolled in LDH's school reporting system.
- In Region 4 which includes Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin and Vermilion Parish, 126 positive cases among faculty and students have been reported by schools.
- In Region 5, which includes Jeff Davis and Calcasieu Parish and three other parishes, 7 total positive cases have been reported.
- In Region 6 which includes St. Mary Parish and six other parishes, 60 positive cases among faculty and students have been reported.
Among institutions of higher learning, LDH says that they will provide a larger break down by institutions on Friday, October 2.
In Wednesday's case update LDH provided the following numbers which are self reported by those institutions currently enrolled in LDH's school reporting program:
- Total number of cases among students living or attending classes on-campus - 2,675
- Total number of cases among students exclusively attending virtual classes** - 117
- Total number of cases among faculty and staff working on-campus - 211
- Total number of cases among faculty and staff working 100% virtually** - 25
**LDH says that these cases are cumulative, beginning at the start of the fall semester.
To see the data from LDH on outbreaks, click here.
Information on outbreaks and associated cases in non-congregate settings is updated every week on Wednesday.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers