Entergy says that it is prepared to mobilize a storm team of approximately 10,000 employees and contractors to respond to any impacts from Hurricane Delta.
Delta is forecast to make landfall along the Louisiana Gulf Coast sometime Friday, bringing storm surge, heavy rainfall and dangerous winds, all of which can potentially result in extended power outages.
See the latest forecast from the KATC Weather Team.
The company says that it will continue to monitor Delta and will adjust the size of the storm team based on the storm’s size, path and intensity.
Crews from Entergy New Orleans, LLC and Entergy Louisiana, LLC will be positioned near the areas that could be most impacted.
Wind gusts, flooding and accessibility challenges could extend restoration times in some areas, but crews will be prepared to safely restore service to customers as quickly as possible once conditions permit. While some work to restore power can be done on the ground, work in the air from bucket trucks cannot be performed in wind conditions of 30 mph or greater, Entergy says.
“Restoring power to our communities following severe weather is what we do,” said John Hawkins, vice president of distribution operations for Entergy in Louisiana. “We’re prepared to respond to Delta, and we want our customers to be as well. Please continue to monitor local weather alerts, follow guidance from state and local officials and have a plan in place for you and your families that has safety as a key ingredient.”
Customers can find preparation and safety tips on the Entergy Storm Center at entergystormcenter.com.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Entergy says that crews will practice social distancing while in the field. Customers are asked to do the same and to stay away from work zones.
If there is a need to report a service problem, customers should call 1-800-ENTERGY.
Staying informed before, during and after a tropical system strikes is just as important as making personal storm plans. Here’s how customers can stay updated throughout the event:
- Download the Entergy App at entergyapp.com. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
- Sign up for text messages by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage. You can also report an outage online as a guest.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Operation: Storm Ready Guide is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers