The Coast Guard, along with local and state responders, are searching for a mariner who went missing near Houma on Thursday.
Missing is Lawrence Kennedy, 59, who was last reported wearing shorts and a pink and turquoise button up shirt. He was last seen in the water with no lifejacket near mile marker 21 of the Houma Navigation Canal.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector New Orleans received a call at 7:34 p.m. Thursday from Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Office reporting a man overboard.
Involved in the search are:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter aircrew
- Coast Guard Station Grand Isle 24-foot Small Boat boatcrew
- Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Office
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
- Grand Caillou Fire Department
If you have any information about this incident please call Coast Guard Sector New Orleans Command Center at (504) 365-2200.