A Maurice home is a total loss following an overnight fire on Sage McKenzie Lane off of La 699 in Vermilion Parish.
Officials say the fire may have started as the result of an explosion.
The Maurice Volunteer Fire Department says a family of five was able to escape the home unharmed. One firefighter was sent to the hospital with minor injuries.
Firefighters from Maurice, Indian Bayou, Meaux Nunez, Abbeville, Milton, Kaplan, and Erath assisted with the fire.
The Maurice Fire Department shared to their Facebook page that they are hopeful the community will help the family get back on their feet.
Acadian Ambulance, Maurice Police Department, and Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office were also on scene.