A 23-year-old Breaux Bridge man has been arrested on ten counts of attempted murder following an alleged drive-by shooting.
Deputies in St. Martin Parish say that on April 11, 2019, they responded to a report of shots being fired at several individuals at a residence in the 1000 block of Roy J. Melancon Road in Breaux Bridge.
Investigators say they learned that two men had driven by that house and fired several shots at people who were gathered in the yard of that home. Three of the ten victims were under the age of ten and no injuries were sustained.
Following further investigation into the incident, Investigators say they identified one of the suspects as 23-year-old Tyrell Livings of Breaux Bridge. A warrant was obtained for Livings along with a search warrant.
Early Friday morning, investigators located Tyrell Livings inside a residence along with alleged illegal narcotics. Investigators say they recovered 105 grams of marijuana, 305 grams of synthetic cannabinoids, 24.8 grams of methamphetamine, 8.2 grams of cocaine, and 6.5 grams of crack cocaine.
He was arrested without incident and is charged as follows:
- Attempted 1st Degree Murder (10 counts)
- Possession With Intent To Distribute Schedule 1 C.D.S. (Marijuana)-1 count
- Possession With Intent To Distribute Schedule 1 C.D.S. (Synthetic Cannabinoids)-1 count
- Possession With Intent To Distribute Schedule II C.D.S. (Methamphetamine)-1 count
- Possession With Intent To Distribute Schedule II C.D.S. (Cocaine HCL)-1 count
- Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule II C.D.S. (Crack Cocaine)-1 count
- Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia-1 count
- Illegal Use Of A Controlled Dangerous Substance In The Presence Of Persons Under Seventeen Year Of Age-1 count
Livings was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center.
Investigators are asking for anyone with information as to the identity of the second suspect, to please contact the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office at (337) 394-3071 or via messenger on the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office Facebook.