Below is a growing list of events and freebies for Veterans Day in Acadiana. This is a growing list. If you would like to add to this list, send us an email at email@example.com.
- The Mamou annual Veteran's Day celebration will be held November 11 with a ceremony at 11 am. There will be a flag ceremony and a fly-over. Hamburgers, hot dogs and refreshments will be provided. Students will be there to display their shoe box floats and present the pledge. The event is scaled down this year due to COVID-19. American Legion Post 123, 420 Main Street. For more info contact the Evangeline Parish Tourist Commission at 337-363-1878.
- Vietnam Veterans Chapter 632, 200 Court Street, Ville Platte Nov 11, 2020, 11:11 a.m. For more info contact the Evangeline Parish Tourist Commission at 337-363-1878
- Lafayette Veterans Assisting Others will host a drive by parade on Saturday, November 8th from 2pm to 4pm. The informational parade will follow all CDC guidelines when it comes to COVID-19. Those attending are asked to stay in their vehicles. They will be able to drive from one end of the Northgate Mall to the other and get informational packets, have questions answered and get a plate lunch. No ID is required. They are just asking for veterans to show up and get help if they need.
- Free lunch will be provided for veterans and active military on Veteran's Day. Home Instead and Amedisys Hospice will offer a free meal from 11 am to 1 pm 4021B Ambassador Caffery Pkwy., suite 101, Lafayette, 70503 (across the street from IHOP).
- Fountain Memorial Funeral Home & Cemetery in Lafayette, located at 1010 Pandora Street, will host an annual Veterans Day Program, Wednesday, November 11, 2020, at 9:00 am featuring veteran honor guards, a guest speaker and patriotic music selections. Open to the public. Lawn chairs are welcomed. Service lasts approximately one hour. For more information please call Fountain Memorial at 337-981-7098.
- Ragin’ Cajuns Waterski Team and UL Student Veterans is hosting a non-perishable food and clothing drive for homeless veterans in the area. The event will take place Veterans Day, November 11, 2020, from 5 pm to 7 pm at Rouses Market, 601 Bertrand Dr. Lafayette, 70506. The Team will be standing outside of Rouses Market on Bertrand accepting donations to “Stuff the Boat.” Once the goal is reached in overflowing the boat with donations, the donations after will be taken to St. Michaels Center for Veterans. The St. Michaels Center is a housing program for homeless veterans with support, health, education, and employment services as well as housing placement.
- To commemorate and honor those that have served in the military, Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys has partnered with Lit Pizza to give free pizzas to the first 25 veterans at every Lit Pizza location in Louisiana.To receive your free Lit Pizza, please visit any of the eight locations. http://lit.pizza/
- USS KIDD Veterans Museum in Baton Rouge is offering free admission for veterans and their families this Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11. USS KIDD Veterans Museum is open daily, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with a few holiday exceptions. Call 225-342-1942 or visit the website at www.usskidd.com for more information.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers