Lafayette will officially open the brand new Beaullieu Dog Park with a celebration on Saturday, May 25 at 10:00 am.
The grand opening celebration will include a ribbon cutting, live canine agility demonstration, pet-centric information, adoption opportunities, and door prizes, according to a release.
LCG says the event is dog-friendly, but that guests must adhere to all park regulations. Those rules can be found below.
The dog park consists of a large fenced in area with benches, canine agility/exercise equipment, and a pavilion. The only other dog park in Lafayette is Graham Brown Memorial Park located at 1234 E. Pont Des Mouton Road.
Those who attend are asked to park at the Beaullieu Recreation Center and access the park via the walk bridge. The dog park is located at 411 Bluebird Drive in Lafayette.
Dog Park Rules:
- Use park at your own risk
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs at all times
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park at all times
- Dog waste must be cleaned up immediately
- Owners must be within the dog park and supervising with leash readily available
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by and adult at all times
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately
- Dogs should be under voice control
- Human & Dog food/treats
- Glass containers
- Dogs in heat
- Sick dogs
- Aggressive dogs
- Puppies (under 4 months)