A local group of Lafayette parents is helping out school nurses by buying supplies and requesting donations for their work.
Lafayette Parents for Education says that they became aware of a need, within LPSS, for medical supplies for school nurses parish-wide.
They say that nurses in the parish, by the middle of the year, see a depleted store of basic supplies and many nurses are purchasing these items out of pocket.
Because of that, Lafayette Parents for Education is holding a medical supply drive in the month of April to collect items for the LPSS nurses. Those items will be presented during Nurses’ Week in May.
An Amazon Wishlist has been created where supplies can be purchased.
The items needed are as follows:
- medical cups
- Ziplock bags for ice packs
- paper towels
- hand sanitizer
- feminine hygiene products
- glucose tablets
- individual cheese cracker snack packs
- small bottles of water
All donations can be dropped off at one of the following business donation sites:
- Unconventional Dietitian 5826 Johnston St, Lafayette, OPEN 8am-3pm ( located inside the Tops Appliance and Cabinetry building) M-F
- Blanchards BBQ 2023 W Pinhook Rd, Lafayette, OPEN 10:30-2:30 M-F
- Architects Southwest 534 Jefferson St, Lafayette, OPEN 8am-5pm M-F
- Lafayette Bar Association 2607 Johnston St, Lafayette, OPEN 8:30- 4:30 M-TH & 8:30-3pm Fri
- Toups Family Dentistry 2521 Moss St, Lafayette, OPEN M-TH 8am-5pm & Fri 8am-11am
- Comfort Inn and Suites 1636 St Mary St, Scott
- Adriens Supermarket 3842 West Congress St, Lafayette, OPEN 7am-9pm