Community Foundation of Acadiana (CFA) hosted its 2018 Leaders in Philanthropy Award ceremony today in Lafayette.
A Leaders in Philanthropy Award is given to an individual or couple in each of the eight parishes of CFA’s primary service area who have made a philanthropic impact in their communities through substantial charitable contributions to or by attracting substantial contributions for nonprofits, churches or schools.
• Acadia Parish – Donna Shetler Corely
• Evangeline Parish – Mary Alice and Leonard Fontenot, sponsored by Cleco Power
• Iberia Parish – Carol and Tommy LeBlanc
• Lafayette Parish – Joann and Nick Pugh
• St. Landry Parish – Bruce Gaudin
• St. Martin Parish – Lydia and Cyril Guidry
• St. Mary Parish – Alice and William Pecoraro
• Vermilion Parish – Charles R. “Charlie” Sonnier
• Corporate Honoree – Travel Machine, Kermit Duhon and Maegan Sonnier
Paul Hillard, the president and CEO of Badger Oil, served as keynote speaker.
Community Foundation of Acadiana’s is one of south Louisiana’s philanthropic organization benefiting the region, with a particular focus on the parishes of Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Mary, St. Martin and Vermilion. Since inception in 2000, CFA has realized cumulative gifts exceeding $230 million and has made cumulative grants of more than $121 million. Learn more at www.cfacadiana.org.