Congressman Clay Higgins’ office will host a veterans workshop in Rayne on March 25 to help veterans with questions and casework regarding a variety of benefits.
This is the first of six scheduled veterans workshops across South Louisiana. This event will be held from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Rayne Civic Center, 200 Frog Festival Dr., Rayne, LA 70578
Representatives from Congressman Higgins’ office, Attorney General Landry’s office, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs, and Louisiana Workforce Commission will be available to help veterans:
- Sign up for healthcare or explain what medical benefits may be available;
- File or check the status of a disability claim;
- Apply for residence in a State-run veteran home;
- Register for job search services;
- Learn about pending VA legislation in Congress.