Lafayette Public Library and BiblioBoard announce a local author contest accepting adult and young adult fiction.
Winners in each category will receive $500 as well as:
- Inclusion in Indie Louisiana, a digital collection of local authors on BiblioBoard Library
- Honors at the 2020 Public Library Association Conference in Nashville, TN
- Opportunities to promote the winning title at Louisiana public libraries
- Inclusion in a full page spread in Library Journal, one of America’s oldest and most renowned trade publications for library news
The creation of the Louisiana Author Project gives librarians a chance to engage with a growing group of fresh literary voices as well as an opportunity to play an active role in the discovery and promotion of new works.
For indie-published authors, the contest is a fantastic prospect to elevate their careers and businesses. Along with the accolade of the award and its perks, being recognized by librarians creates credibility and visibility in the growing marketplace of digital content and indie-published books. Winning authors will reach hundreds, if not thousands, of new readers via the library and can leverage being an award-winning indie author for additional marketing opportunities.
Each book that is submitted to the contest must be:
- In the category of adult or young adult fiction
- Written by a Louisiana resident
- Available in either PDF or ePUB format
The Acadiana area has a rich cultural backdrop, and we are honored to be have the opportunity to help connect local authors and readers through our Library. We believe that by providing this platform, the library is able to showcase our commitment to providing free and equal access to library services that meet the needs of our diverse community.
The contest will accept submissions April 1, 2019, through May 31, 2019. Authors can submit at https://indieauthorproject.librariesshare.com/louisiana/
For more information on BiblioBoard, visit https://library.biblioboard.com/about