The Lafayette City Marshal’s Office has provided more information on the pursuit and arrest that caused several school lockdowns near the Evangeline Thruway and Pinhook Road.
On Frida, August 24, 2018, the Lafayette Marshal’s Office Warrant Division located and apprehended Markell Jones.
Jones allegedly led deputies on a vehicle pursuit that ended in the 200 block of Iles De Copales. Jones then fled on foot and was located hiding in a sleeper sofa inside of a residence in the 200 block of Iles De Copales.
Deputies say Markell Jones was charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and resisting an officer. Markell Jones was also booked on the following warrants:
- Aggravated Kidnapping
- Armed Robbery – $70,000 bond
- Possession of a firearm by a person convicted of certain felonies
- Illegal Possession of a stole Firearm – $25,000 Bond
- Cruelty to a juvenile
- Criminal Trespass – No Bond
- Probation and Parole Warrant – No Bond