A man wanted for the murder of a Lake Charles man is in custody after being allegedly caught red-handed during a burglary in Texas.
Ronald G. McLain, 57, of Beaumont, Texas, was apprehended around 6 p.m. yesterday while holding a television in a grassy area in Aransas Pass.
McLain is accused of killing 68-year-old John Michael Deville, who was found dead near his truck on the shoulder of I-10 West near Sulphur last Tuesday morning, according to a spokesperson for the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office.
CPSO Violent Crime Detectives enlisted the assistance of the following agencies in the investigation and capture of McLain:
- Vinton Police Department
- Beaumont Police Department
- Department of Public Safety and Texas Rangers
- Houston Police Department
- Texas Fusion Center
- United States Marshal Service
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office
- Harris Country District Attorney’s Office
- Aransas Pass Police Department
- Aransas County Sheriff’s Office
The investigation is continuing. The spokesperson says more arrests are likely.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Detective Casey Lafargue is the lead investigator on this case.
Photos courtesy of Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office