A number of roads have closed or remain closed around Acadiana.
Here are the new road closures from overnight. This list will be updated throughout the day, Sunday, July 14, as more information arrives.
- LA 182 at Faul Road near Carencro is closed because of a downed tree.
- Lake Martin Road at the Lafayette - St Martin Parish line is closed because of a fallen tree.
- 400 Block Thoroughbred (Tree Down)
- 200 Block Prejean Rd. (Tree & Wire Down)
- 100 Block Kate Rd. (Tree Down)
- 2200 Ambassador Caffery Parkway closed
- Chemin Metairie high water
- Cormier Street - High water
- Fortune Road - closed
- Gallet Road - closed
- Hebert Road - Closed
- Hill Ridge Drive - Closed
- Legend Creek Drive - closed
- Madeline Avenue - closed
- N Larrieviere road - High Water
- Old Spanish trail - Closed
- Rue chavaniac - closed
- Saint anne Street - closed
- Stewart Street - closed
- Sunset Drive - high Water
- Vincent Drive -high water
- W Willow Street - high water
- westward Avenue - high water
In Scott, Barricades have been placed at the following locations due to water accumulation:
- W. Willow from Ambassador Caffery to Pecan Grove
- Vincent between Creswell & Winbourne
- Westward between Vincent & Provost
- Perez/Sunset/St. Anne area
- Old Spanish Trail between L Provost & SpeedPro Ln.
- Barricades are in place on Mills near W. Willow due to a downed power line & pole - Entergy is working to remove it.
In Youngsville, several roads are closed due to water.
- Hill Ridge Dr
- Fortune Rd between Hundred Oaks Dr and Hwy 89
A number of traffic lights in the parish are malfunctioning. Including those at the following intersections:
- Ambassador Caffery and S. Morgan Ave
- Albertson Parkway and S. Morgan Ave
- Albertson Parkway and Hwy 90 East
- 6500 block of Ambassador Caffery in Broussard
Drivers are reminded that a flashing traffic light should be treated as a caution light. A light that's out should be treated as a four way stop.
Downed trees are causing problems elsewhere in Acadiana.
St. Martin Parish
- 1100 Babineaux Road - Tree down blocking roadway.
- A tree is blocking the 7500 block of Jefferson Island Road.
- All roads at the Port of Iberia are closed because of flooding.
Some roads in the parish are closed due to high water.
- I-A 333 is closed from Redfish Road to the Bayou Chene Bridge south of Esther.
- I-A 330 is closed between Hwys 689 and 685 and east of l-A 331.
- Howard Rd is currently blocked from St. Joseph Ave (LA-98) to Robert LeJeune Rd for a tree limb, wires, and pole in the roadway.
- North 1st St. near Holly St. also has a downed tree with wires in the roadway.