UPDATE: Here is a list of road closures in Acadiana for Sunday, July 14.
A number of roads have closed or remain closed around Acadiana.
Here are the new road closures from overnight. This list will be updated throughout the day, Sunday, July 14, as more information arrives.
- LA 182 at Faul Road near Carencro is closed because of a downed tree.
- 400 Block Thoroughbred (Tree Down)
- 200 Block Prejean Rd. (Tree & Wire Down)
- 100 Block Kate Rd. (Tree Down)
- 2200 Ambassador Caffery Parkway closed
- Auburn Dr. - High Water
- Bajat Rd - High Water
- Cankton Rd - High Water
- Chemin Metarie @ Jogg Rd - Closed
- Chemin Metairie at Savoy Rd - Closed
- Cormier Street - High water
- Cornelius Dr. - Closed
- Detente Rd at Chemin Metarie - Closed
- Dugas Rd. - Closed
- Fortune Road - Between Atlas Rd and Hwy 89 - closed
- Gallet Road - High Water
- Garber Rd. - High Water
- Gendarme Rd. - Closed
- Gouaux Rd. - Closed
- Guilbeau Rd. - Closed
- Guilliot Rd. - Closed
- Hebert Road - Closed
- Hill Ridge Drive - Closed
- Joli Rd. Closed
- Kirk Rd. at Robley Bridge and Road - High Water
- Landry Rd. - High Water
- Lake Martin Road at the Lafayette - St Martin Parish line is closed because of a fallen tree.
- Legend Creek Drive - closed
- Madeline Avenue - closed
- Moss St. - Closed
- Moss Creek Dr. - Closed
- N Larrieviere road - between Hwy 92 and Griffin Rd - closed
- Old Spanish trail - Closed
- Piat Rd. - Closed
- Picard Rd. - High Water
- Railroad St. at Savoy Rd. - Closed
- Rougeau Rd. off East Broussard - High Water
- Rue chavaniac - closed
- S. Larrivierre between Hwy 92 and Investment St. - closed
- Saint Anne Street - closed
- Stewart Street - closed
- Sunset Drive - high Water
- Vincent Drive -high water
- W Willow Street - high water
- Westward Avenue - high water
All roads in Broussard are now open.
Carencro Road Closures and High Water
***10:00am Roadway Closure Update***
Water is beginning to accumulate on the roadways. The following roads are being barricaded at this time:
-Breaux Rd. & Potier Rd.
-300 Block Post Rd.
High water but passable at this time:
- 4800-5000 block of Moss Street
- Post Road
-400 Block Thoroughbred (Tree Down)
-200 Block Prejean Rd. (Tree & Wire Down)
Barricades are in place on Mills near W. Willow due to a downed power line & pole - Entergy is working to remove it.
In Scott, Barricades have been placed at the following locations due to water accumulation:
- W. Willow from Ambassador Caffery to Pecan Grove
- Vincent between Creswell & Winbourne
- Westward between Vincent & Provost
- Perez/Sunset/St. Anne area
- Old Spanish Trail between L Provost & SpeedPro Ln.
In Youngsville, several roads are closed due to water.
Due to rising water the following streets in the City Limits of Youngsville are CLOSED:
•Hill Ridge Dr
•Fortune Rd between Atlas Dr and Hwy 89
•Railroad St at Savoy Rd
•Savoy Rd at Chemin Metarie
•Detente Rd at Chemin Metarie
•N. Larrivierre between Hwy 92 and Griffin Rd
•S. Larrivierre between Hwy 92 and Investment St
•Griffin Rd between N. Larrivierre and Hwy 89
•Detente Rd at Oak Shadows Dr
•Langlinais Rd at Guillot Rd
•Langlinais Rd at New Snow Circle
•Cypress Gardens Ln at Savoy Rd
•S. Parkwood Dr at E. Parkwood Dr
A number of traffic lights in the parish are malfunctioning. Including those at the following intersections:
- E. Main Street at Morgan Ave.
Drivers are reminded that a flashing traffic light should be treated as a caution light. A light that's out should be treated as a four way stop.
Downed trees are causing problems elsewhere in Acadiana.
St. Martin Parish
1100 Babineaux Road - Tree down blocking roadway.
WATER ON ROADWAY
LADY OF THE LAKE RD - WATER BUT PASSABLE
COURTABLEAU - WATER OVER ROADWAY – PASSABLE
182/DIP - NOT PASSABLE
1734 DUCHAMP RD – NOT PASSABLE
FORUM - NOT PASSABLE
LABIT – NOT PASSAABLE
CECILIA SR HIGH SCHOOL HWY – UNITS THERE TO BLOCK ROAD – DOTD GOING PUT SIGNS
GRANPOINT/WEBSTERS----STILL PASSABLE, DOTD ER TO ACCESS
JOEL BLANCHARD-WATER PASSABLE
MARTIN DAUTREUIL/CATAHOULA ---PASSABLE ONLY FOR LARGE VEHICLE
DOTD OR PARISH GOV HAS BEEN NOTIFIED
OSCAR GUIDRY RD – NOT PASSABLE1092
Pertroleum Pkway – Water on roadway- passable
True Friend near True Friend Hall – Water on the roadway
A tree is blocking the 7500 block of Jefferson Island Road.All roads at the Port of Iberia are closed because of flooding.
Spencer Loop @ Shelton - West End - High water
Some roads in the parish are closed due to high water.
I-A 333 is closed from Redfish Road to the Bayou Chene Bridge south of Esther.I-A 330 is closed between Hwys 689 and 685 and east of l-A 331.
Hospital Dr. Abbeville - High Water
In Iota -
- Howard Rd is currently blocked from St. Joseph Ave (LA-98) to Robert LeJeune Rd for a tree limb, wires, and pole in the roadway.
- North 1st St. near Holly St. also has a downed tree with wires in the roadway.
The following are a list of road closures that were announced on Saturday, July 13.
St. Mary Parish
Here's an update from the St. Mary Parish Sheriff on road conditions as of 10 a.m.
From St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office:
Road or Lane Status
Road/Bridge Closures for St Mary Parish
Saturday, July 13, 2019 9:19 AM
Effective immediately, the following road closures are in place due to heavy rains in St Mary parish. The roads will be reopened as soon as conditions improve.
• LA 182 at the Morgan City/Berwick Bridge over the Atchafalaya River
• LA 70 in Morgan City (9th Street at Marguerite)
• LA 317 (from Burns Pt. Lane to 3 miles North of Burn Pt. Lane)
The City Wide Road Closures is now lifted.
Listed below is areas of the city that are being barricaded at the obstruction point.
STREET CLOSURES AND ROAD HAZARDS:
ANDERSON STREET @ HARRISON STREET POLE
ANDERSON STREET @ ROSALIE STREET TREES
1800 BLOCK OF EAST MAIN STREET LINES
400 BLOCK OF EAST MAIN STREET POLES
1100 BLOCK OF DASPIT ROAD LINES
DUPIER ROAD @ LOREAUVILLE ROAD LINES/TREE
500 BLOCK OF PARKVIEW DRIVE TREE
800 BLOCK OF EDNA STREET TREE/LINES
BANK STREET/DALE STREET TREE
1600 BLOCK OF ELM STREET LINES
CEDAR HILL @ NORTH STREET LINES
EDWARD STREET @ CYRESS STREET LINES
HENSHAW STREET @ PERSHING STREET TREE
ANN STREET @ DALE STREET TREE
GUADALAJARA STREET POLE
100 BLOCK OF DALTON STREET TREE/LINES
VICTORY DRIVE @ MYRA STREET LINES
DECUIR STREET @ FRENCH STREET TREE
900 EAST ADMIRAL DOYLE DRIVE LINES
ADMIRAL DOYLE DRIVE @ LEWIS STREET POLE
ANN STREET @ FRANCIS STREET TREE
700 BLOCK OF CHINA STREET TREE
700 BLOCK OF LEE STREET LINES
200 BLOCK OF EAST DALE STREET TREE
1250 GAIL STREET LINES
OAK STREET @ MAGNOLIA STREET TREE
500 BLOCK OF JEFFERSON TERRANCE WIRES
HENSHAW ALLEY @ DALE STREET POLE
VERSALLIES CRESENT @ CARSTENS LINES
1800 BLOCK OF EAST SAINT PETER STREET TREE/POLE
HENSHAW @ HACKER TREE
CENTER @ AVERY ISLAND ROAD RAILROAD HAZARD
EDKARD DRIVE TREE/LINES
700 CHEROKEE TREE
300 BLOCK OF DASPIT ROAD UNKNOWN
EVANGELINE STREET @ R/R TRACKS TREE
400 BLOCK OF BRYAN TREE
CHEROKEE @ SCHOOL LINE
POLLARD @ DAVID LINE
With the threat of severe weather and heavy rainfall that may impact areas of the state, the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) reminds motorists to take extra precautions should traveling be necessary.
Motorists are encouraged to check the status of road conditions prior to beginning commutes to impacted areas by utilizing the following resources for the latest information regarding road conditions:
• 511 Traveler Information: Travelers can also find information regarding road closures by visiting the 511 Traveler Information website at www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region about which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511)
• MyDOTD: Motorists can receive automatic and up-to-date information on local projects, lane and road closures, and other DOTD activity by signing up for MyDOTD at www.dotd.la.gov.
• Social media: Additional information can be found at DOTD's Facebook and Twitter pages.
Bill Oliver with DOTD shared the latest information on road conditions in Acadiana as Barry looms.
We will update this list during the day as we receive more information
St. Mary Parish
Baldwin: Orphan Home Road closed near its intersection with Railroad Avenue: Tree down
Berwick/Morgan City: Bridge on old La 182 across the Atchafalaya River: Someone hit the clearance bar; repairs have to wait until the storm passes.
The bridge over the Humboldt Canal on La.3147 near Pecan Island is closed to vehicle traffic; it has been opened for marine traffic.
Delcambre Area Country Dr Boyance @ La 330 Olias @ La 330 La 330 south of 17032 St. Elmo @ La 330
Erath Area Charlie Field Rd La 330 @ La 331 DOTD road closed sign Live Oak Rd La 330 near Aurilien La 685 near bayou south of town Caldwell between La 685 and La 331
Isadore east and west of Jude Ollie Rd @ La 14 Lucien @ La 89 Robert Rd Lopez Rd E. Conrad
Abbeville Area Chaisson Rd telephone pole La 335 north of La 694 S. Hospital south of tracks Queens Ranch Rd Davie @ Sidney Gautreaux Maple Rd Theall Rd just north of La 82 Audubon Rd @ La 82
ICY La 333 just south of Andrew Rd Andrew Rd Bayou Rd School Board Rd S. Chapel Rd E. Chapel Rd Cattleman Rd Issac Rd Semmes Rd
Maurice Area La 699 @ U.S. 167 stop sign missing La 699 @ Heritage Point Guss Rd @ La 699
Kaplan Area William @ La 335