Meritus Credit Union is inviting students to participate in their virtual youth savings week, with the 2020 theme of Money Magic.
Originally scheduled for branches Meritus branches during the spring break week of April 13, 2020 to April 17, their festivities have now moved to social media.
“This is a great chance for parents to find another activity for kids and students during the shut-down,” said Marketing Supervisor Lauren Davis. “At the credit union, we are passionate about financial literacy. Providing financial education embodies our ‘people-helping-people’ philosophy and we plan to teach your child something new every day. We hope this will open up the lines of communication between parents and their children in regards to money.”
Starting April 13, parents and kids can visit Meritus Credit Union’s Facebook for a new video posted every day.
Together, they’re encouraging their youngest members (and future members) to learn common financial concepts including savings, spending, charitable giving, investing and budgeting. Children 12 years old and younger can participate in the social media event.
Activities for the week will include:
- Monday - coloring contest with cash rewards for winners
- Tuesday - craft tutorial to make a wizard and unicorn bank
- Wednesday - book reading of 'The Berenstain Bears' Trouble with Money'
- Thursday - magic trick tutorial
- Friday - financial literacy lesson of savings and the magic of investing