Louisiana residents who need help paying their electric or gas bills can get help.
According to the Louisiana Housing Corporation, eligible applicants will receive a $600 benefit that can be used towards payment for home heating and cooling services.
To apply, contact your local community action agency and have the following documentation available:
- A copy of your heating and cooling bills for one month (not older than six months)
- Last four consecutive copies of check stubs for employed household members
- Proof of unearned income (Social Security, unemployment insurance, pension funds, disability, etc.)
- Proof of present address (rent receipt, lease or deed, etc.)
- Driver’s license or picture ID of the head of household and Social Security card
- Proof of total members living in your household and their Social Security cards
To find the nearest agency, click here.
For more information, including income limits, click here.