Entergy says it is expanding its utility bill relief options for customers affected by COVID-19.
The company says they have developed several new payment options for customers who may have difficulty paying due to the ongoing pandemic.
In a press release, Entergy says it will work with customers on a case-by-case basis to provide relief options.
Examples of some relief options include:
- Customers will now have the ability to extend payments of their past due amounts over a longer period.
- Residential customers will have the option to fold-in their past due amounts using Levelized Billing, a program that averages payments for a more consistent monthly bill.
- Commercial and small industrial customers also will be offered flexible payment arrangements to help in their recovery.
With the Louisiana Public Safety Commission, Entergy says it has also extended the suspension of electric and gas service disconnects for non-payment and waived late fees dating back to March 13. This will continue until the state enters Phase two of reopening or if the LPSC directs the ending of the measures.
Customers are encouraged to continue making payments to ensure that account balances do not continue to grow.
Entergy says customers can access the following tools to help manage and pay their bills:
· Energy Efficiency Tips – The room by room savings page includes tips on how to make your home more energy efficient.
· Level Billing - Pay about the same every month, with no surprises. Entergy averages your bill over a rolling 12-month period so you have a consistent bill each month of the year.
· Pick-A-Date - Choose what day of the month you get billed to line up with your budget and manage your cash flow.
· Power to Care - Through Entergy's The Power to Care program, local nonprofit agencies can provide emergency bill payment assistance to seniors and disabled individuals in crisis.
If you have trouble accessing the above tools online, have questions or need help, call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).
Entergy Louisiana also has created two virtual customer resource hubs that include a compilation of local, state and federal resources that could help residential customers and small businesses during the pandemic. Residential customers should visit entergy.com/covid-19/laresources/ and small business owners should visit entergy/com/covid-19/lasmbiz.
Additional details on Entergy’s response to COVID-19 can be found at entergy.com/covid-19.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers