Last week Sean Payton outlined the Saints draft night plans, and a makeshift war room inside a local brewery's board room. The NFL ended those plans Monday.
In a letter sent to all 32 teams, the NFL said the draft would be held completely virtually. The guidelines sent to the teams specifically points out that teams are not to have group meetings, ending New Orleans' plans.
"We have reviewed this matter in the past few days with both the competition committee and CEC (a group of league executives)," said league commissioner Roger Goodell, "and this will confirm that clubs will conduct their draft operations remotely, with club personnel separately located in their homes."
The Saints have seemingly been at-odds with the NFL over the draft. In March, GM Mickey Loomis spoke out against having the event before teams could fully scout players. Days later the league announced it's intentions to continue the draft of schedule, and threatened to punish teams who spoke out against it.