Vermilion Parish will open its first screening site for COVID-19 on Thursday, March 26
Abbeville General will open the Erath/Delcambre Community Care Clinic on North Road in Erath for screening from 10:00 am until 12:00 pm.
The screening process should take about 30 minutes.
Officials say the site will be open daily until further notice.
Only high-risk individuals will be screened at the site. A phone number will be provided for individuals to call to be pre-screened before going to the Care Clinic.
Persons not meeting criteria will be asked to exit the line.
Abbeville General has outlined some of the following about the screening site:
- Have your ID and insurance card (if available)
- No bathrooms are available to public.
- Maximum 2 people per vehicle can be screened.
- Please leave all pets at home.
- Call Screening Line before arriving at test site to see if you meet criteria for testing. Phone number to be announced.
For more information, visit the Abbeville General website.
IF YOU ARE TESTED:
- You will be contacted in 7-10 days with results.
- You should self-quarantine 14 days or until you receive negative results.
- Seek medical attention if your symptoms go from mild to severe.
- Before seeking care, call your physician for proper guidance.
- If you have a medical emergency and need to call 911, notify the dispatch that you are SUSPECTED or have a CONFIRMED case of COVID-19.
For a full list of screening and testing sites, along with information for each, click here.