The Abbeville City Council meets today at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Meeting Room, 101 North State Street.
The Meeting will be subject to occupancy limitations in accordance with the Fire Marshall's Requirements. Everyone in attendance will be required to where face coverings in accordance with the Governor's Proclamation Number 89 JBE 2020.
On the agenda are items that would:
- Award the base bid to the low bidder, Elliott Construction, in the amount of $1,571,790.00 for the Rehabilitation of the Runway and Partial Taxiway project at the Airport.
- Authorize Sellers & Associates, Inc. to proceed with the LA 14 Downtown Abbeville Streetscaping Phase II Project (Concord Street) final plans and specifications. Federal cost share $304,000; Abbeville share $76,000
- Approve payment of partial payment #5 in the amount of $33,137.00 payable to Glenn Lege Construction, LLC for the Downtown Abbeville Streetscaping project.
- Adopt a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute agreements with DOTD and FAA and to award and sign related contracts for FY 2020 projects at the Chris Crusta Memorial Airport.
- Request the formulation of an "Inter-Parish" agreement between the Vermilion Parish School Board, the City of Abbeville and the Vermilion Parish Police Jury for the purpose of allowing Co-Operative Prevention Resources to renovate and manage the Herod Property for the goal of implementing an "Enterprise Zone" for the benefit of the community, city, parish and state.
- Consider a Stop the Violence March in memory of Dylan Plowden requested by his mother, Megan Plowden.
- Approve a special event permit for Darius Darby to hold a Fun Day at McKinley Scott Park on August 1, 2020 and August 2, 2020 - Councilwoman Terry Broussard.
Also tonight, the council is slated to receive its annual audit.