NewsSt. Mary Parish

Actions

Candle sparks fire in mobile home near Morgan City

Mobile home fire.jpg
Posted at 10:14 PM, May 03, 2021
and last updated 2021-05-04 09:03:47-04

Firefighters in Morgan City say a mobile home fire on Monday evening was caused by a candle.

Officials say the fire occurred at 8:20 pm on April 3 at a home in the 1000 block of Ciro Street in Siracusaville.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a fallen citronella candle and is believed to be accidental.

The mobile home was occupied by one person who was able to escape the fire.

The home is a total loss, according to fire officials. No one was injured.

An hour after the this incident, firefigthers responded to a small fire contained to the breaker panel of a residence on 6th Street in Morgan City.

No injuries were reported on that call.

------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel