ST MARTINVILLE, La. - A man related to the St. Martinville mayor has been arrested on multiple drug charges.
On November 9, 2019, at 12:41 am, Lewis Mitchel, 55, of Lafayette, was arrested by the St. Martinville Police Department as a result of a narcotics investigation, according to the Department's Facebook page .
Lewis was arrested on a warrant for the charges of:
- Possession with intent to distribute Schedule I (MDMA)
- Possession with intent to distribute Schedule II (crack cocaine)
- Violation of Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law; drug-free zone.
Authorities have confirmed to KATC that Lewis is the brother of Mayor Melinda Mitchel's husband.
While executing the arrest warrant Lewis was discovered to be in possession of Clonazepam and crack cocaine, according to the post .
He was additionally charged with:
- Possession Schedule IV (Clonazepam)
- Possession Schedule II (Crack Cocaine)
- Violation of Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law; drug-free zone
- Criminal conspiracy (two counts)
Lewis Mitchel was transported and booked into the St. Martin Parish Jail.