NewsSt. Martin Parish

Actions

Fire contained to bedroom of unit at St. Martinville apartments; no one injured

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 6:49 PM, Jan 27, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-27 19:49:10-05

One apartment was damaged in an afternoon fire at Cypress Gardens Apartments in St. Martinville.

Officials say that the fire occurred at around 3:00 pm Monday January 27, in a bedroom of a two story apartment unit at the complex.

The fire was kept contained to the bedroom, however, St. Martin Fire District Coordinator Brody Miller says that adjacent residents received some smoke and had to be ventilated.

No major damage was reported to any other areas of the apartment complex. No one was inside the unit at the time of the fire.

Firefighters from the St. Martin Parish Fire District part-time staff, Catahoula VFD, and Cade VFD also responded.