Keller Williams Realty Acadiana has planned its annual day of service for agents this Thursday, May 14.
This year's event will look as dramatically different this year due to social distancing precautions.
The company says agents have organized into seven various projects to deliver aid in communities across three parishes. For more than fifteen years, the local affiliate of Keller Williams has organized R.E.D. Day, to “Renew, Energize, and Donate” with the time, talent and resources of independent real estate agents who have a passion for their hometowns, a release states.
Keller Williams agents have planned these events for R.E.D. Day, May 14, 2020:
- Feed the community, in partnership with Fezzo’s restaurant. To support those in need, Keller Williams agents will serve 1,000 lunches May 14. To honor healthcare workers, 250 meals will be delivered to nurses and other medical personnel at area hospitals, and the remaining 750 are available to anyone who picks them up until supplies last at the Keller Williams office starting at 11 a.m.
- Blood Drive, facilitated by Our Lady of Lourdes Blood Donor Center, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Keller Williams office. A healthy individual at least 17 years old is a blood donor candidate. Call 337-470-2733 with questions or to schedule a 15-minute blood donor appointment. Appointments are encouraged but not required.
- Youth Book Drive, in support of Little Free Library. Agents have constructed new, free-standing structures to house donated books and will place these for use in Lafayette Parish. At these “little libraries,” anyone can donate, exchange or borrow books for free. Donate any gently used or new books for kids and teens now through May 14 during regular business hours at the Keller Williams office. Agents will install the libraries and books to sites across Lafayette Parish on May 14.
- Food Drive, in support of the FoodNet Food Bank. Donate any non-perishable food items such as boxed or canned items now through May 14, during business hours at the Keller Williams office. Agents will deliver the collected food to FoodNet on May 14.
- Neighborhood Cleanup: Agents will meet at the Keller Williams office at 8 a.m. on May 14 and dispatch to residential streets in the center of town with gloves, buckets and other tools to collect trash discarded along the streets.
- Appreciation for healthcare workers in Iberia Parish: Agents in Iberia Parish will prepare and deliver a meal to the staff members of five nursing homes in Iberia Parish. The Keller Williams New Iberia office is located at 222 East Main Street.
- Care packages for an at-risk community in Saint Landry Parish: Agents in Saint Landry Parish are collecting items to donate to residents of J. Michael Morrow Memorial Nursing Home. Donate any crossword books, puzzles, letter-writing paper and envelopes and stamps, or small plugin radios (such as clock radios) now through May 14, during business hours, to the Keller Williams office at 516 Creswell Lane in Opelousas. Presentation of the collected items will be 10 a.m. on May 14 with an invocation prayer outside the nursing home at 833 Main Street, Arnaudville. In keeping with the governor's orders, no agents will enter the facility.
The main Keller Williams Realty Acadiana office is located at 900 South College Road in Lafayette. More than 350 independent real estate sales professionals are affiliated with Keller Williams Realty Acadiana as their broker and guide buyers and sellers in eight parishes: Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, Saint Landry, Saint Martin, Saint Mary, and Vermilion.
Resources For more information:
Lourdes Blood Donor Center, visit https://lourdesrmc.com/ways-to-give/blood-donor-center
Little Free Library, visit https://littlefreelibrary.org.
FoodNet, visit http://catholiccharitiesacadiana.org/foodnet
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Download our free app for Apple,Android, Roku and Amazon devices.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers