Two New York men have been indicted on charges of Second-Degree Murder in connection with a fire that killed their grandmother in May.
USA Today reports that the fire claimed the life of 82-year-old Gladys Ann Willow, who died from injuries she suffered while trapped inside the home.
Steuben County DA Brooks Baker said the two brothers allegedly saved their meth-making equipment, but left their grandmother inside the home. After saving the equipment, they stopped to buy cigarettes. Authorities say they never reported the fire.
An investigation revealed that the home was the "likely site of a meth-making operation."
Last week, a grand jury indicted Jarrett Gause, 21, and Justin Gause, 33, on charges of Second-Degree Murder in connection with Willow's death.
DA Baker said the charges do "not indicate the brothers intended to kill their grandmother, but reflects a greater level of recklessness than a manslaughter charge."