Two Fort Hood soldiers were among nine suspects arrested as part of a "child prostitution sting" conducted by the Killeen Police Department.
The department says the two-day sting was an effort to locate and arrest those willing to pay minors to engage in sexual acts.
Nine suspects, three of whom are military, were arrested after contacting officers through various social media platforms and allegedly making agreements for sexual acts with girls they believed were 15 or 16 years of age.
The agreements, according to police, were for for fees and included money, drugs and/or alcohol.
The suspects were arrested after arriving at a predetermined location.
Killeen Police say the operation included seven felony prostitution charges and two misdemeanor prostitution charges. Two guns were also confiscated.
- Anthony Xavier Antwon, 25, of Fort Hood, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Javier Perez, 40, of Austin, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Brian Harley Flynn, 21, of Temple, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Brandon Anthony Lee, 25, of Killeen, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Dustin Edward Johnson, 42, of Lott, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Timmy Jones Jr., 30, of Fort Hood, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Shaun Paul Moore, 39, of Kempner, Felony Prostitution under 18
- Rakeem Jamal Nelson, 28, of Killeen, Class A Prostitution
- Pierre Jean, 32, of Killeen, Class A Prostitution
The Killeen Police Department Special Victim’s Unit conducted the sting in partnership with the Texas Department of Public Safety Human Trafficking Program.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers